How to use powdered honeydew:
Dilute a small volume of powder in organic fruit juice, milk or water,
Mix with care. The mixture obtained must be very liquid. Add organic honey if ants lack appetite.
Distribute a drop of food on a feeder using a syringe. Tip: Take a 2cm square of aluminum foil, dig it in your hand to form a cup and place the diluted powdered honeydew inside. For small species such as Pheidole, add a few strands of cotton (without absorbing everything) to avoid drowning.
This honeydew powder is ideally supplemented with foods rich in vitamins (organic fruit juice).
- Storage of the powder: about 1 year in dry, moderate temperature and protected from light.
- Storage in the refrigerator of the liquid obtained for a few days.
- To avoid bacteria growth, thoroughly clean and remove any unused food after 24 hours. Also clean the equipment used for the preparation.
- Protein: about 17%, Fat: ≤9%, Carbohydrates: 75%
- Sucrose (75%), animal by-product (20%). Naturally rich in minerals.