Tar Heel Ants Mini Hearth
Image should be used as a guide only. These formicariums are handmade and each is unique.
Color (Exterior Only): Grey
Foraging Style: Top Foraging Style (Nucleus Style)
Decor: Rock, Wood, Plant
Nestmate Option: No Nestmate
Glass Type: Standard Glass
Foraging Substrate Type: White Sand
Interior Substrate Type: White Sand (Standard)
The Mini Hearth is a founding formicarium created by Tar Heel Ants.
- Detachable foraging area
- Large Water tower (15ml capacity)
- Sand-coated interior chamber (using our proprietary method found in all Type II formicaria)
- Gold-brown or White Sand optional for interior
- Painted exterior
- Stalagtite decor on chamber celing
- 3/8" Side connection port
- Dimensions approximately 3.5" x 1.75" x 2"
Watch this short video clip of a Solenopsis invicta colony in an old-style Mini Hearth that has outgrown formicarium...
*Camponotus chromaiodes queen and her 1 year-old founding colony
Customer-made Mini Hearth review video: